Sunday, March 13, 2011

Trip to Albuquerque

This is Teri my sister-in-law and me. It was so fun to see her! I enjoyed being able to spend time talking with her. It was most fun when I was frustrating her to death by filling her mind with diabetes information! Hopefully she will let me come back and visit another time. She and Rich have a lovely home and great kids. It was fun to look out their front door and see the hot air balloons. I enjoyed going to the aquarium with them and walking around 'The Gardens'. Rich was busy with his studies but it was good to see him at night.

I had such a great time visit with family. It has been way to long since I had seen Rich and Teri and their kids. As a matter of fact this was the first time I have met Samantha and she is almost 1 year old. She is so cute and can melt your heart with her smile. Weston reminds me so much of Rich. He not only looks just like Rich did when he was little but acts just like he did! (Which of course is a good thing!) He was so helpful when I was there and helped me know just how his mom likes things done. Blake was my cuddle buddy. Every morning he would come and find me to curl up next to me where ever I was. He always made sure that I knew that I was at his mom's house and that it wasn't his dad's house...but his mom's! Both boys are so cute. But they prefer you to say they are handsome! Brooklyn is getting so big and has done a lot of growing up the last week. She is doing well with being newly diagnoised with Type 1 Diabetes. I can't believe how brave she is; with all her blood sugar checks and insulin shots she doesn't even cry. She is my sweet heart and even let me give her a couple of shots.








I'm in the land of enchantment. Awesome Albuquerque, I never want to go home. I hope some day the spell will be broken so something will grow!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber, we sure you miss you. I put on your red earrings this morning and my kids threw a fit! They kept saying they weren't mine and that i need to give them back to you:)

    And I'll let you know if anything starts to grow here in in ABQ:)

    ReplyDelete